Kentucky imposes harsher penalties when “aggravating circumstances” are present. They are:
- Speeding 30 miles per hour over the speed limit
- Going the wrong way on a limited access highway
- Causing an accident resulting in death or serious injury
- Having a BAC of 0.15 or more
- Refusing to submit to a breath or blood test
- Having a passenger under 12 years of age
* Aggravated DUI carries a mandatory minimum 4 days for a first offense, and doubles the minimum for subsequent offenses. Click here for DUI penalties.